To obtain a driver’s license under the age of 18, DPS requires a student to have the following:
1. Final Texas Drivers Education Certification (DE-964) from Wise Driving School
2. 30 hr behind the wheel driving log & If Parent Taught also bring the 14 hr driving log
3. New Verification of Enrollment (VOE) less than 30 days old
4. ITTD Program Certificate less than 90 days old **Started September 1, 2015**
5. DL-43 Application For Renewal/Replacement/Change
Click on the link
Texas Driver's Handbook
ATTENTION: Effective September 1, 2015, if you are taking a teen driver education course, you must complete the ITTD requirement before you will be eligible to take the driving skills exam (Driver's Test). This program has been added to emphasize the ever increasing dangers of distracted driving.
Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) was developed by the Department of Public Safety with the goal of saving lives through awareness and education. The intent of the program is meant to educate young or new drivers in an effort to reduce the risk of being involved in automobile crashes, particularly those caused by distracted driving.
ITTD is a 2 hour informational video that is a prerequisite to the drive skills examination (Driver's Test) being administered by the Department. ITTD must be viewed AFTER you have received your DE-964, showing completion of a Teen Driver Education course.
Upon completion of the ITTD program you can print your Certificate of Completion that must be presented prior to taking the drive skills examination (Driver's Test). The ITTD Certificate of Completion must be dated WITHIN 90 DAYS of the administered skills examination (Driver's Test).
To obtain a Learners License (Driver's Permit) you must have:
1. Official birth certificate or Passport
2. Social Security Card
3. DL-5 Form-Texas Residency Affidavit (WDS will provide)
4. DL-14A Form-Application for Texas Driver’s License (WDS will provide)
5. Two acceptable forms of address verification as listed on Form DL-5.
6. Texas Drivers Education Certification (DE-964) from Wise Driving School.
7. Processing fee of $16.00 (Exact amount of cash, check, or Credit card.
8. Verification of Enrollment (VOE) in school less than 30 days old
WEARING MASK IS RECOMMENDED
TESTING WILL BE
PRACTICE TEST AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST $40
Call for Times
Wise Driving School
Bridgeport, TX 76426
TUSEDAY & THURSDAY 10:00am-4:00pm