DRIVER LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
EVERYONE MUST HAVE A DRIVER'S PERMIT
1) TEENS - Have completed 32 hours Classroom Hours
ADULTS - 18-24 Years old must have completed 6 Classroom Hours
2) TEENS - 14 Laboratory Driving Hours with Designated Instructor
***Instructor must be 25 or over and have had a license for at least 5 years***
3) TEENS - 30 Hour Driving Log with at least 10 hours at night.
***Instructor must be 21 or over and have had a license for at least one year***
4) TEENS - 2 HOUR ITTD IMPACT VIDEO
ADULTS - 1 HOUR ITYD IMPACT VIDEO
To obtain a driver’s license under the age of 18, DPS requires a student to have the following:
1. Final Drivers Education Certificate (DE-964) must read: FOR DRIVER'S LICENSE ONLY
2. 30 hr behind the wheel driving log (at least 10 hours at night)
3. If Parent Taught also bring the 14 hr In-car laboratory driving log
4. ITTD Program **IMPACT** Certificate less than 90 days old **Started September 1, 2015**
5. DL-14B Application For Renewal/Replacement/Change - For the DPS Office
Click on the link
Texas Driver's Handbook
TxDPS-Impact Texas Teen & Adult Drivers (ITTD) Program
DL-14B Driver license application for MINOR
DL-14A Driver license application for ADULT
ATTENTION: Effective September 1, 2015, if you are taking a teen driver education course, you must complete the ITTD requirement before you will be eligible to take the driving skills exam (Driver's Test). This program has been added to emphasize the ever increasing dangers of distracted driving.
Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) was developed by the Department of Public Safety with the goal of saving lives through awareness and education. The intent of the program is meant to educate young or new drivers in an effort to reduce the risk of being involved in automobile crashes, particularly those caused by distracted driving.
ITTD is a 2 hour informational video that is a prerequisite to the drive skills examination (Driver's Test) being administered by the Department. ITTD must be viewed AFTER you have received your DE-964, showing completion of a Teen Driver Education course.
Upon completion of the ITTD program you can print your Certificate of Completion that must be presented prior to taking the drive skills examination (Driver's Test). The ITTD Certificate of Completion must be dated WITHIN 90 DAYS of the administered skills examination (Driver's Test).
To obtain a Learners License (Driver's Permit) you must have:
1. Official birth certificate or Passport
2. Social Security Card
3. DL-5 Form-Texas Residency Affidavit
4. DL-14A OR DL-14B Form-Application for Texas Driver’s License
5. Two acceptable forms of address verification as listed on Form DL-5.
6. Texas Drivers Education Certification (DE-964-Minor OR ADE-Adult)
7. Processing fee of $16.00 (Exact amount of cash, check, or Credit card.
8. Minor Only - Verification of Enrollment (VOE) in school less than 30 days old
TESTING WILL BE
PRACTICE TEST AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST $40
Call for Times
Wise Driving School
Bridgeport, TX 76426
BRIDGEPORTOffice Hours vary so please call and LEAVE MESSAGE.
Closed on Weekends